Called To Serve In Orlando, Florida.
RETURNING DEC. 7TH, 2016

Monday, July 18, 2016

Week #84 - "I lied, I'm not Christian"

Well this week was a different one haha :)

I'll start off by saying that I was homesick at the beginning slash middle of the week but then forgot about myself and it got better so do the same other missionaries!!! Anyways, we met this guy name Vicky Victor. The Spanish sisters passed him off to us. So, he is Indian and has just been here from India not too long and so we started sharing the message with him and he says he is Catholic but that seemed strange so we started talking about the atonement which he didn't know about, the sisters were trying to share with him the restoration but as we were teaching I could tell that is not what he needed. So I tried to input a lot of God is our Heavenly Father and this gospel blesses us and it intrigued him and he said yes I want good things in my life. Well, long story short we taught him and then he had to catch his 9 o clock bus for work and so he headed to the bus but as we were talking to the sisters about him he came walking back with sorrow in his face, he just said guys I lied to you....I'm not Christian, I'm Hindu. Then he just went off and said how he thought we wouldn't teach him if he wasn't Christian and I just gave him a giant hug and we laughed and just told him how awesome he is! He said I want Christianity and I want this! So we told him we loved him and everything and how we are only here to help him and then he felt better and ran to the next bus. He's been awesome! We see him all the time and he came to church even after working all night long. 

We had to pass off Christopher Bohrer to YSA but he is loving every minute of it, reading praying and church he loves it and is super committed! Then this week we baptized, confirmed, and gave the priesthood to Jean Jacques before he goes back to Haiti and man was that awesome. His baptism was extremely powerful, one of the most powerful for me. After I pulled him out of the water he just bowed his head and prayed and we stood in the water for a bit and it was incredible. Also, there's this lady named Teresa that we have been teaching and she is the sweetest most humble lady ever! And we weren't 100% sure if she was accountable but we have been giving her commitments and she totally is and can remember everything she reads and just loves it. Well, we were suppose to get her to church and so she woke up at 6:30 and waited until 9:30 then went and sat outside til 10:30 when her ride was suppose to be there but then the ride bailed....I was super super pissed off, I sat in sacrament meeting and literally almost cried, it was breaking my heart to imagine how sad Teresa was because she really wanted to go to church. She has A LOT of just childlike innocence and the Light of Christ. It was very hard for me but luckily we got to go see her and set her up to go to night sacrament and she got to that and it was awesome!!!!! She said, She loved it and wanted it to be longer and talk to more people. She also said she wanted to be like us (the missionaries) and the rest of us (Latter-Day Saints) HAPPY AND ALWAYS LIKE SUNSHINE! Wow what a compliment :) 

P.S. SUPER FUNNY STORY, So we also went to the temple for baptisms for the dead and afterwards one of the ladies we took locked her keys in her car just down the road by some stores. So her window was down a little so we wanted a metal hangar to pop the lock but no one was selling them, so I was like well shoot that blows but then I saw a hair and wig place and for some reason thought they might have one so I went in. Well, I walk in and the cashier (Muslim kid) and the customer (blonde woman) look at me super confused and are like oh...hey...do you need something and I was like ya but was gonna wait till their transaction was through but then the guys was like what can I help you with and I told him our predicament. I was still confused at why they were like staring at me so weird. In my mind I was confused at why the Muslim kid was there, I understood why she was there but not him, like why are you working at a hair and wig place?! But then I looked to my right and cabinets just full of cigars and then I was like oh...then I looked at the other walls and just BAM, TONS of bongs everywhere haha I started laughing and realized I was in a smoke shop hahahah long story shorter, the Muslim kid was dope and helped us a lot and I got a picture with him in the smoke shop and he's holding a card of Jesus because #TeachEverywhere 

Love you guys :)

Temple service/Temple with recent convert Trey 
Baptism of Jean Jacques 


 MORE PICS TO COME LATER TODAY :)

Also last week we went to an appreciation banquet and I got asked to model, but told him I couldn't til I go home, it was awesome though

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS